Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Adventures of QB

Date: Thur 31 Aug 05

Time: 1630 hrs

Place: Bugis

Event: Last minute decision to visit QB for a quickie haircut

It's always a gamble going into QB for a haircut. For those of you not in the know, QB has outlets spread islandwide and many of the outlets actually go by the name EC now. You put 10 bucks in a ticketing machine, get the tic, sit down and await your turn. It's like a barber shop with mainly auntie hairdressers instead of mat rock cutters. You're promised a 10 minute cut and given a free comb at the end of the session (or ordeal).

There's no guarantee of quality of course, since you get a different dresser every time you visit. And I'll have to bank on luck since a cheapo like me would never pay 20 - 40 bucks for a permanent hairdresser at a designer salon. "Cut layer, no need too short lah" is the instruction I dish out to any cutter I get. The past few times have thrown up several permutations of my hair, but often just a really short version of my original uninspiring haircut. So my expectation of the end-result is basically look a bit dumber at the expense of feeling much cooler and lighter.

Which was a surprise that I found myself liking my new hairdo this time round!

Result:














Comments I got:

The GF: "So cuuuute, gu ci gu ci..."

NIE friend: "Wah lao eh, so short, like grass!"

Another NIE friend: "Did you change your parting?"

Yet another NIE friend: "Finally, you look more like a man! Now we'll let you join us for lunch!"

Well, at least I look a little bit more modern with this cut. Will probably show the next cutter this photo for "guidance", ha!

3 Comments:

At 9/03/2005 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Sayesha said...

Hahahahahaha! :D

It rocks, man! :D

 
At 9/07/2005 12:15:00 AM, Blogger starbreez said...

FINALLY you have a cool haircut worthy of your age group!!! Now you are no longer Cubicle Uncle ... you are ... Cuticle Boy. :p

 
At 9/13/2005 12:54:00 PM, Blogger adriantan18 said...

came to your blog from Tomorrow. Good stuff you have here. Will surely be back frequently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home