Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Chronicles of the New Home

26 years. That's how long I've been staying in my place. In a few months' time, my past residential years will be firmly behind me as the W and I shift to our new home.

It all began a few months back, when we submitted our HDB application and eagerly hoped for the best. The chances of getting a satisfactory queue number for unit selection was slim, a mere 1 out of 7 or 8 chance.

The letter finally arrived and we were awarded a somewhat acceptable queue number. It was reasonably good fortune, considering the odds. The selection process was covered by my dad (we were bound for Taipei on that very day) and we miraculously managed to get a high-level unit.

Keys collection will not come so fast, so despite not being able to enter the flat, the W and I went down to pay our future home a visit!

That's our kitchen!

Corridor leading up to the new home


View from the corridor


Looking down to the road


Can you spot the giant Xmas tree on Mount Faber?



Before we left, I couldn't help but give it a try...

Ding Dong!!!


Yup, that's me pressing my future doorbell, which did not ring, of course. Treasure this rare appearance of the Grandmaster Cubic on the blog, heh heh.

It'll be at least 1 month plus before we will be called up to collect the house keys. Really looking forward to that day and the exciting (and hopefully not too frustrating) home renovation that will follow!

1 Comments:

At 1/14/2006 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Sayesha said...

Beautiful pics! Except the last one. Hehehehe! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home