Friday, December 23, 2005

Exciting times ahead...

... and I don't mean the upcoming 4 days 3 nights 'holiday' in Khatib camp. Damn it, festive season spent in the army camp... @$^*@&&@...

Two 'biggies' to look forward to in 2006. Marriage and the impending house renovations.

Such major changes in my life, all within the same year. That's without mentioning the teaching job that will finally take off after the final posting in June. No idea where I'll teach, what type of students I'll get, what sort of colleagues I'll meet.

Plans for the renovations are taking shape. The W and I will probably settle on an ID firm in a month's time. Really looking forward to the new home; no doubt it'll annihilate our hard earned savings, but the dream home we envision in our minds now render that worthwhile.

But most of all, after successfully getting the GF to become the W (phew!), the biggest event to look forward to would be the big M. One-time projects like the dream home cannot measure up to the M in terms of significance. The M is a permanent commitment to someone and to yourself, the most important decision the W and I have agreed upon. Yes, the M scares us... another sum of money and a possible wedding banquet that neither of us particularly look forward to. But I'm happy to say those are merely surface level issues, and that the real challenge in being happy together with each other for life does not bother us one bit.

A new life, a new home and a new job. What more would I expect from 2006?

2 Comments:

At 12/27/2005 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Sayesha said...

// The W and I will probably settle on an ID firm in a month's time.

Other than the fact that this sentence was greek to me, I noticed something of interest. W????????????? When did that happen?? You mean it's happened????????

 
At 1/05/2006 12:02:00 AM, Blogger cubicle said...

Heh heh... it happened on my birthday... the proposal lah. Will invite u IF there is a wedding, don't fret!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home