Sunday, September 11, 2005

Derby Disappointment

What a horrible week of soccer. Both my beloved teams crashed. First it was England's demise against world ranked 116 Northern Ireland (think Singapore's ranking's somewhere there too... that says a lot man). Then came the main event on Saturday... the Manchester derby. I've been looking forward to it so much and was hoping for United to deliver a thrashing to City to cure my English hangover. Man U scored 1st and I thought perhaps, yes, my wish was coming true. But horrors, overly elaborate and passive play from the complacent devils allowed the blues to equalise. And they almost delivered a last minute sucker punch if not for a magnificent save by Van der Sar on Andy Cole's superb effort. Could this be the start to more frustration for Man U fans, like how last season's emptiness felt? That's how I'm feeling inside now: frustrated emptiness.

1 Comments:

At 9/11/2005 08:49:00 PM, Blogger -Poison- said...

i hate soccer thse days..dunno y. was a big gunners fan once.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home